Sphere: Related Content

Friday, January 11, 2008

Reworking the Peter Files Blog of Comedy YouTube.com Focused Automatic Video Feed

Share

Quick RSS Subscription Links

After feedback from my most frequent readers (family members, bar patrons and hobos with T1 connections) I have made several changes to the way the automatic stream of YouTube.com videos stream to The Peter Files Blog of Comedy.


Before changing the content stream formula, I started by editing my blog template to move the video window to after title and the text in each post to make it easier for subscribers and regular readers to skip the videos and get right into the original content of the blog.

I then went to YouTube.com and changed the key words that triggered the videos streamed here from a list of random comedy key words to a list of comedy celebrities that I knew had content on YouTube.

Oddly this has resulted in an almost unanimous stream of Obama Girl - Amber Lee Ettinger videos, despite her presence near the end of the list. (see below) Perhaps it is the huge interest in the election, or her own huge popularity, but I find it odd that call for Obama girl videos is eclipsing the likes of Robin Williams, Billy Crystal and the others on the list. While I certainly don't mind all the cute videos, all the political videos was not what I had in mind for this spot, and I wanted to mention that and thought I would let you know that I am trying to fix this.

Here's my original source list:
"Robin Williams" "Danny Divito" "Bob Newhart" "Billy Crystal" "Dick Van Dyke" "Mark Twain" "David Letterman" "Jay Leno" "Rob Reiner" "Diet Coke and Mentos" "Hayden" "Christina Applegate" "Cheerleaders" "Obama Girl" "Buffy and Dawn" "most viewed comedy ever"



I'm obvioulsy going to have to edit this list some how! Check the videos later to see how/if I suceeded.



Everybody laughs at kumquats! Why is that?

Peter, Chief Editor and Spelling Wrecker
The Peter Files Blog of Comedy, Satire and Commentary
Http://ThePeterFiles.blogspot.com


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

===> We love comments about our posts good or bad!

Please make comments by clicking on the word "Comments"!

Click on the Envelope to forward posts to your friends! Thank you! The staff.


1 Comments:

Blogger Luigi Feldstein said...

Hi Peter,

Thanks for passing by and
liked the LiveWeek,looked
very interesting and thought

He the Peter Files Blog of Comedy

Always Return

Favero

faverolucio@gmail.com

Você fala portugês?
na mensagem que você deixou no LiveWeek, vc falou - GAJO

jÁ MOREI EM CASTRO VERDE - PT

1/14/2008 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


New Peter Files Blog Selected Comedy Videos!


Day By Day - - Copyright 2007 by Chris Muir, All Rights Reserved
Don't miss this sale! Amazon.com takes 50% Off 100 Plus DVD's & Sets!


Using this search box supports this blog at no cost to you! Just start all your Amazon purchases with a search in this box!