Sphere: Related Content

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year's Resolutions for the Leap Year 2008

Share

Quick RSS Subscription Links

2008 New Year’s Resolutions For The Peter Files Blog of Comedy


It may be January 2nd, but it's still not too late to make New Year’s resolutions for the blog, after all, with 365 days left to go, ‘tis a leap year don’t you know, the year is still a babe in arms. I always give myself till February or March for my own personal resolutions anyway, so I reserve the right to consider these resolutions in draft like everyone else I know. (See end of post for my most important personal resolution that I aim to keep).

1. We resolve to depend less on postings about celebrities, if you can call them that, such as Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, Britney and her rapidly expanding sister Jamie, or is it Jamie-Marie Spears, Donald Trump, George Bush, Hillary Clinton, Barrack Obama, the entire Republican presidential slate, Ann Coulter, Bill Maher, the Iowa Caucus, Super Duper I'm not going to stay up on Tuesday, the Hollywood writer’s strike, Rambo, Indiana Jones, Disney, Sweeny Todd and Michael Jackson – in no particular order. Nope, I’m not going to do it this year just to get extra hits, its unsavory, even if people like to see their favorite celebrity names in print with words like altercation, cell phone, drunk driving, ran over some one, child endangerment, community service, mispronunciation, alcohol abuse, War on Intelligence, I’m Going Back to Louisiana, Louisiana Here I come, Most Katrina Victims Still Not Paid, Gas Prices up again, Inflation Rate Soars with Fold Prices and Home Mortgage Rates, Another Panty Raid in Hollywood, Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan Cast in Creature of the Black Lagoon and no one shows up at press conference but Joan Rivers and Richard Simmons and Tonight Show Intern, and Party of the Rich and Greedy Exposed - Exhaustive University Study Reveals it to Be Republicans Not Democrats as Republican Study Funders had hoped. No. tempting as it is to generate traffic by appealing to such low brow tactics to generate traffic, I’m not going to do that in 2008. What’s that? Oops, I did it again. I guess that resolution will have to wait till next year.
2. Well how about this? I will avoid taking bad email jokes that people send me and re-writing them so that they are spelled and punctuated correctly, make sense and are actually funny. No, I get too much material that way. Sorry. But if you have something funny, send it in to me by just dropping it in a comment to any post and if its funny, or can be made to be funny with reasonable editing effort I’ll make it its own post and give you as much credit as you desire from anonymous, to initials to your full name. Do this enough times and you could become a Peter Files BloC of Comedy blog Assistant Editor with lots of cool privileges.
3. Finding a Blog Assistant Editor is a major Resolution.
4. Depending less on YouTube videos unless you think they are very funny and an essential part of the blog. Tell me.
5. Getting to the point where there is a LOT less ad space.
6. Making a decision on age content level, are we too “safe for work and home”, perhaps an age poll is needed. I have used certain relatives as the content test bar. I could switch which relatives I use (Younger and less mature ones) but then, would I lose you at work>
7. Figuring out whether you want more of my completely original postings which would appear less frequently, less of, more content wherever it comes from, or whether you don’t care because so many of you find this blog accidentally and either move on, or bookmark it and return or not depending on what happens to be that day.
8. If the latter is the case should I just put changing photos of a kitten, a puppy, a dinosaur, and a baby (Changing daily, in each corner of the blog?)
9. I have not been pointing to cool internet sites lately, I am thinking of resolving to bring that feature back.

Well that’s the draft list of resolutions and questions. The photos of puppies, cats, babies and dinosaurs is in no real danger of coming off – or is it? Best comment if you hate the idea. Maybe I will do some polls in the next few weeks. They will be somewhat important in directing the future of this blog.

I must be doing something right. Hits December 2006 – December 2007 doubled. With growth pretty steady across the world. So please keep spreading the word to friends and neighbors by using the envelope at the bottom of the page. Feel free to send a post to yourself and then send it to everyone in your address book THAT YOU REALLY KNOW AND HAVE A REALATIONSHIP WITH recommending this blog. Or find a really funny safe post including the site web site at the top or bottom and post it on the office bulleting board.

Then tell me what you did. Maybe I can find a special way to honor someone who generates a lot of hits from the same server of servers. And of course, while you visit any blog, it never hurts to right click an ad.

10. Oh, And the Peter Files Blog Editor is going to lose another 30 pounds this year. He did it last year. Really. The one goal he really expects to make for sure this year.

May your year be happy and more full of peace than last year. If you lacked peace work for justice. If you see injustice, work for peace.

Smile at someone today, the person you smile at has feelings - just as you do and will welcome the reassureance that the world can be a friendlier place!

Peter, Chief Editor and Spelling Wrecker
The Peter Files Blog of Comedy, Satire and Commentary
http://www.blogger.com/


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

===> We love comments about our posts good or bad!

Please make comments by clicking on the word "Comments"!

Click on the Envelope to forward posts to your friends! Thank you! The staff.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, Peter, good resolutions on this one, especially the last one. I hope to do something like that last one myself. Since this is the year I turn 50, I have been planning (fantasizing?) about doing the Danskin Triathlon in September. This is a mini-triathlon, 3/4 mile swim in Lake Washington, 12 mile biking on the closed express lanes of I 90, then a three mile run. I personally will probably be walking those last three miles. I want to do this, just to be able to finish. My mother-in-law climbed Mt Rainier when she was 52, and I'm kind of using her for inspiration. Anyway, back to your blog: I would like more original stuff from you. Maybe funny/weird/what-was-that things that happen in your life. Definitely post jokes from people if they're worth it. I don't know about your Youtube postings, most of them I watch about a minute of, then I turn it off. (Although I did have to go back and finish watching the Harry Potter spoof after a couple of days, I kept wondering how it would turn out, and of course, it was a fairly predictable ending.) Have you seen the one about the comedian riffing on bacon? I think it's labeled Bibbity Bobbity Bacon. Check it out. If I find more on Youtube, I'll let you know. I might also send you the latest silly jokes from my kids. But blog more often! from kcn PS got your message, will try to call you Thursday morning?

1/08/2008 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


New Peter Files Blog Selected Comedy Videos!


Day By Day - - Copyright 2007 by Chris Muir, All Rights Reserved
Don't miss this sale! Amazon.com takes 50% Off 100 Plus DVD's & Sets!


Using this search box supports this blog at no cost to you! Just start all your Amazon purchases with a search in this box!