Sphere: Related Content

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

To My Reader In Louth, Ireland

Share

Quick RSS Subscription Links

If you right-click on the red and yellow site visitor meter that sometimes comes up on the bottom, rather than the right, along with the rest of my sidebar, depending on your machine, browser and monitor - I've tried to fix this, but am not smart enough, yet, you'll get to the sitemeter.com statistics page for this blog.

I've set the settings so that anyone can see what I can see, since I don't pay for this service, but get the free version, which generally gives me overall totals for the year, month and day by some categories, and some details on the last 100 visitors.

I check this from time to time to see where people are coming from, which is a lot from the U.S. but always someone from every continent except Antartica and less often from South America. I have a Hemmingway scholar friend in Chile who checks in every once in awhile and he helps the South American total, but generally Indonesia does better than they do.

I think its my lack of Spanish writing in these posts? Por que?

Butter.

I found out that I had a reader from Louth, Ireland by checking the "By World Map" feature after clicking on the 100 under the map which directs it show the last 100 rather than the last 5 visitors, then hovering over the dots in the Ireland area of the Map.

My friends Brian and Diane Leo wrote a song about the Town Gort, called "Gort" oddly enough on one of their albums as Molly and the Tinker, and I thought that since I had seen a listing from Louth several times now, that it was probably the same person.

Since no one leaves comments saying, Hey, I'm Tom or Rachel from Arkansaw or Micronesia or whatever, and I love/hate your blog, or at least admire your persistence, and hits from big cities could be from thousands, I thought I could at least reward one probable regular reader by composing this Limerick -

"He's from Limerick, Ireland, ya naow, where the little Limericks come from."
Peter, The Peter Files Blog of Comedy, Satire, Jokes and Comedy

Sorry, got distracted. Happens to me all the time.
So here it is my first effort at the Louth Limerick.


I once had a reader from Louth
And I hope you don't 'tink me uncouth
To suggest that he's/she's merry
And intelligent - very
For having this blog under roof!
Copyright 2008 by PJF &
Peter, The Peter Files Blog of Comedy, Satire, Jokes and Comedy


Now ya see dears how easily I dealt wit de unknown gender problem dere. And thats the end of the dialect attempt from meeself. Maybe.

One problem now occurs to me, what if Louth rhymes with South and not uncouth?

Well, I suppose I could do this.

A very wise person from Louth
Looked East, West, North and to South,
To find bloggy quotations
And funny notations
But came here(!) for words blithely to mouth.
Copyright 2008 by PJF &
Peter, The Peter Files Blog of Comedy, Satire, Jokes and Comedy

I hope the good people of Louth like their Limericks and are not in a long time feud with Limerick. I also hope that Louth is an actual town and not just a company hosting the server, now, gee wouldn't that be embarrassing.

Worse things have happened to me.

Anyway, thanks for any regular readers I have. Please let me know that you are out there. I know that I get many from referrals for something else due to having more than 500 posts up here now. My comments are only moderated for language and spam, so please do comment, even if it is just a hello. I love those!

I am betting on the first pronunciation by the way.

Everybody laughs at kumquats! Why is that?

Peter, Chief Editor and Spelling Wrecker
The Peter Files Blog of Comedy, Satire and Commentary
Http://ThePeterFiles.blogspot.com


Labels: , , , , ,

===> We love comments about our posts good or bad!

Please make comments by clicking on the word "Comments"!

Click on the Envelope to forward posts to your friends! Thank you! The staff.


1 Comments:

Blogger Levois said...

We might have the same visitor from Louth, Ireland!

1/09/2008 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


New Peter Files Blog Selected Comedy Videos!


Day By Day - - Copyright 2007 by Chris Muir, All Rights Reserved
Don't miss this sale! Amazon.com takes 50% Off 100 Plus DVD's & Sets!


Using this search box supports this blog at no cost to you! Just start all your Amazon purchases with a search in this box!