Sphere: Related Content

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Commentary: Smoking Catches Up With My Mom Suddenly

Share

Quick RSS Subscription Links
This is a comedy blog, but sometimes I walk into commentary. This is such a time.

Last week my family discovered that my mother had cancer. This week she had declined so much that she was in the hospital, with major organs battling to stay active.

We will feel greatful if she lasts the week. While she finally gave up smoking, she smoked for far too much of her life. Hence my commentary. It may be your right to smoke, but if you have children, they don't ever want to lose you.

They want you to live until your 90's so that you can be at all their weddings, and meet all your grandchildren.

Don't miss out. Stop smoking now. Somebody cares. Someone will cry deep and wounded tears at your death. It may not be anyone you know.

But it won't be anyone from the cigarette companies.

In my Irish Jokes section I ran a joke about how the Irish have a group called Nicotine Anonymous. If you feel the urge, someone comes over and takes you out to get drunk.

I think, in the long run, that would have been better for my Mom, and me, who has had had health problems my whole life that can be traced to the impact of secon-hand smoke.

Still, I love my mom, and saying goodbye is going to be damned hard.

I just want to try to save a few people the trouble of dying and hurting their loved ones too.

How many smokers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None. Their oncologists are their to do it for them.

Sorry I am in such a lousy mood this post.

Time to go to the hospital. Dad just called with a lot of the gory details.

What measures she did and did not want taken on her behalf.

And to think we all got annointed just last week.

Whooo.

Good idea to get regular check-ups and if you have funny feelings don't let your doctor wave them off.

Peter



Don't forget to tell your friends and family about the The Peter Files Blog of Comedy.

Our special deal this month? We're free, free, free, free, free, as the wind blows. But not naked. No naughty bits. No stuff that should get you trouble at work. Just the funniest stuff I can come up with.

Did you know that you can add a joke in a comment? If you do and and I or others think its good enough I will raise it to the level of its own post!

Just think of the fame and fortune that could be yours if a TV comedy show notices you just like they didn't notice me yet!

So think about it, in the mean time, use the little envelope to forward your favorite jokes to your friend family and co-workers. You'll be glad you did.

Peter, Chief Editor and Spell Wrecker
The Peter Files Blog of Comedy, Satire and Commentary
===> We love comments about our posts good or bad!

Please make comments by clicking on the word "Comments"!

Click on the Envelope to forward posts to your friends! Thank you! The staff.


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am certainly sorry to hear about your Mother Peter; a nasty disease as I know from experience; as the Brits say keep your chin up, we just say accept my condolences here but I e-mailed that to you.

3/30/2006 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


New Peter Files Blog Selected Comedy Videos!


Day By Day - - Copyright 2007 by Chris Muir, All Rights Reserved
Don't miss this sale! Amazon.com takes 50% Off 100 Plus DVD's & Sets!


Using this search box supports this blog at no cost to you! Just start all your Amazon purchases with a search in this box!