Sphere: Related Content

Thursday, October 18, 2007

More on Jeff Foxworthy and Chicago - Reader Know You're In Chicago Joke

Share

Quick RSS Subscription Links

You may have read my post a few days ago about Jeff Foxworthy's great comments on Chicago,

where as always, I asked for reader comments and even added jokes. To my surprise I even got one. It was posted as Anonymous, but the Initials at the end suggest that it is from my friend KCN who used to hail from Chi-town but moved before many a change was made here.

Here are here comments.

Thank you so much for posting this. Brings back a lot of memories!

How about adding:

if you're driving on a main thoroughfare and you're seeing gigantic potholes, that look as though giant mutant drugged rats have been gnawing on the asphalt, you're in Chicago, on Lake Shore Drive.

I wish I could see that giant silver Jelly Bean in person, I've got a picture of it for wallpaper that I got off webshots.com.

One of these days I'll get back out there for some real Chicago deep-dish pizza, and I'll bring my family to share it.

kcn

KCN if you're my KCN you and EH and your kids can stay at our house and I'll treat for the Pizza! KCN has sent many jokes and I have been lazy about finding them and posting them -- no more! Thanks for the great comments.

I'll add -

  • If you can get on an express bus every morning that takes you out onto a 15 mile unobstructed dawn lake view of sunrise as you head in to work every morning that sets your heart aglow, you know you're a lakeshore worker in Chicago. (A lucky few are traveling cross-town down State Street or Michigan Avenue and get almost 30 miles of the view.)
  • If in that view you can see the changing of the fall colors, rainbows in seasonal rain, and waves frozen as they attempt to come up onto the drive, you know you're in Chicago
  • In a city with 50 wards, you know where the 51st ward is, you're probably from Chicago.
  • If you're the zip code of the place you are at does not start with 606 you're not in Chicago, though you may be in a nearby suburb that claims to out-of-towners to be in Chicago.

Anybody have some others?

Oh, some of you may have heard of the death of Transportation Planning and Engineering genius David Schultz. His loss to the planning and government communty was a great one. He will be missed.

Thanks for visiting the Peter Files Blog of Comedy! Bookmark us and come back soon! Feel free to forward posts to your friends and to taunt them with your savvy nature for finding this blog first!

Peter, Chief Editor and Spell Wrecker
The Peter Files Blog of Comedy, Satire and Commentary
Http://ThePeterFiles.blogspot.com


We strive to keep our humor and comments safe for home and work. Some of the links that appear on the sidebar may not meet our standards. If this appears on a regular basis, please let us know at "thepeterfilesblog at gmail dot com". Thank You!

Labels: , , , , ,

===> We love comments about our posts good or bad!

Please make comments by clicking on the word "Comments"!

Click on the Envelope to forward posts to your friends! Thank you! The staff.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES, I am that KCN, and I will gladly take you up on that offer. Give me....about two years or so. Hugs to you and A and little P! kcn

10/18/2007 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


New Peter Files Blog Selected Comedy Videos!


Day By Day - - Copyright 2007 by Chris Muir, All Rights Reserved
Don't miss this sale! Amazon.com takes 50% Off 100 Plus DVD's & Sets!


Using this search box supports this blog at no cost to you! Just start all your Amazon purchases with a search in this box!