Sphere: Related Content

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Is There Something Wrong With The World?

Share

Quick RSS Subscription Links
Is there something wrong with the world when the death of George Clooney's pig gets considerable national attention and media attention? I find this curious.

Are we shaking the wrong end of the curly tail here?

No disrespect here meant. People come to love their pets. They do. But really, shouldn't we let the man grieve in grease, I mean peace?

I suppose people justify all the internet hot links because Mr. Clooney is a celebrity. Still, I never sausage, I mean saw such a fuss over the demise of a pig. At least since the death of Arnold Ziffle from the TV series Green Acres.

Well, I don't want to wallow in 13 oceans of mud here. I just thought that you might like to think about some of the other situations in the world this week, consider another poink, I mean point of view.

I'll say this about George, all this is probably the work of his publicist, I doubt he would take a situation about his beloved pet and ham it up for the cameras over it, in fact, I'll bet that's why he and Danny DiVito were out so late the other night.

You know, the night Danny & George were out having a few stiff drinks together and Danny still wasn't quite kosher by the time he reached ABC for the taping of The View?

I bet they were out having an Irish Wake for George's pet. Heck, if they had all the guys out for awhile, they might even have gone over to a park to kick around the old pigskin, I mean football.

That's it from me, I hope I haven't offended anyone. I'm not myself these days. I think I have a fever. I have been having these hot and cold flashes ever since someone emailed me some photos after my last post. I deleted them as soon as I realized what they were, but the damage was done. Maybe that's what happened to George's pig. Perhaps someone who hadn't loined their lesson, rubbed him the wrong way or pulled his leg.

Alas we shall never know.

Is there something wrong with the world when the focus on the death of a pig?

Perhaps as long as some of the world can make fun of the other part of the world that may spend too much time on it, maybe its not such a bad thing after all.

But if we do spend the time thinking about pet biggies, we should also spend some time thinking about things like AIDS here, in Africa and around the world. World hunger. Global warming and what we can do about it. And what we can do to make even a little difference. Even if it is just listening to somone who needs to ramble on a little about stuff like this.

Peter, Chief Editor, Misspeller And Curmudgeon
The Peter Files Blog of Comedy, Satire and Commentary

Don't forget to tell your friends and family about the The Peter Files Blog of Comedy.

Just use the little envelope to forward your favorite jokes to your friend family and co-workers. You'll be glad you did. We're Safe for Home and Work - no naughty bits!

Peter, Chief Editor and Spell Wrecker
The Peter Files Blog of Comedy, Satire and Commentary
===> We love comments about our posts good or bad!

Please make comments by clicking on the word "Comments"!

Click on the Envelope to forward posts to your friends! Thank you! The staff.


2 Comments:

Blogger OGrilla said...

The puns were overused and annoying, but the point was valid.
I haven't heard about this event, since I don't watch or read the news often, but I hate this, nonetheless. I'm going to find that article now......

12/07/2006 9:41 PM  
Blogger The Peter Files Blog of Comedy said...

I find that I often pun when I am in stressful situations, annoyed or when the situation presents itself as it really did in this case.

I suspect that you missed this story because you mainly read or watch real news, rather than infotainment that often passes for news these days and I congratulate you for that.

I have many posts that are not so pun heavy. Check out the listof my favorite posts at the bottom of the page or the link at the top and you will see what I mean.

Thanks for making a comment - positive and negative are always welcome as long as they are clean. I like to keep this a family site which is why I moderate my comments - the only reason really.

Peter

12/10/2006 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


New Peter Files Blog Selected Comedy Videos!


Day By Day - - Copyright 2007 by Chris Muir, All Rights Reserved
Don't miss this sale! Amazon.com takes 50% Off 100 Plus DVD's & Sets!


Using this search box supports this blog at no cost to you! Just start all your Amazon purchases with a search in this box!