Sphere: Related Content

Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Conversation With Jesus

Share

Quick RSS Subscription Links

Many times when I am troubled or confused, I find comfort in sitting in my back yard and having a beer, along with a quiet conversation with Jesus.

This happened to me again after a particularly difficult day.

I said, "Jesus, why do I work so hard?"

And I heard the reply: "Men find many ways to demonstrate the love they have for their family. You work hard to have a peaceful, beautiful place for your friends and family to gather."

I said, "I thought that money was the root of all evil."

And the reply was: "No, the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. Money is a tool; it can be used for good or bad."

I was starting to feel better, but I still had that one burning question, so I asked it.

"Jesus," I said, "What is the meaning of life? Why am I here?"

He replied, "That is a question many men ask. The answer is in your heart and is different for everyone. I would love to chat with you some more, Señor, but for now I have to finish your lawn."


I can now reveal that this is a reader joke and not a prayer reflection sent in by my somewhat naughty friend, MES. Not very naughty, just naughty enough to fool us. Good one, ME.

You too can be a reader-contributer, just put a joke in a comment and if I like it, I will move it into its own post!

Everybody laughs at kumquats! Why is that?

Peter, Chief Editor and Spelling Wrecker
The Peter Files Blog of Comedy, Satire and Commentary
Http://ThePeterFiles.blogspot.com


Labels: , , ,

===> We love comments about our posts good or bad!

Please make comments by clicking on the word "Comments"!

Click on the Envelope to forward posts to your friends! Thank you! The staff.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


New Peter Files Blog Selected Comedy Videos!


Day By Day - - Copyright 2007 by Chris Muir, All Rights Reserved
Don't miss this sale! Amazon.com takes 50% Off 100 Plus DVD's & Sets!


Using this search box supports this blog at no cost to you! Just start all your Amazon purchases with a search in this box!