Sphere: Related Content

Friday, October 07, 2005

Sox Win! Sox Win! Sox Win!

Share

Quick RSS Subscription Links
Solves the whole Dewey beats Truman headline fiasco don't it?

But it was the Chicago White Sox who in another nailbiter of a game, especially the sixth inning, which lasted almost an hour, beat the Boston Red Sox, 5 to 3, making a three game sweep of their American League East Division Playoffs. The last time the White Sox made it this far was before World War I.

I think, I think, I think, this is the year I can hope again, says the little boy within me.

Peter

Labels:

===> We love comments about our posts good or bad!

Please make comments by clicking on the word "Comments"!

Click on the Envelope to forward posts to your friends! Thank you! The staff.


2 Comments:

Blogger Levois said...

I was surprised they swept the Red Sox. I thought they would have put more of a fight. I'm looking forward to the ALCS. The Sox's first since 1993. I find it interesting that for both the Cubs and Sox it is emphasized that they both have won their first post-season series since whenever their last World Series title was. For the Cubs it was 1908, for the Sox is was 1917.

Still I want to see a World Series in Chicago.

10/08/2005 6:37 PM  
Blogger The Peter Files Blog of Comedy said...

So do I! Oh So do I.

I have had trouble having the fever since the summer of 1976 when they had a substantial lead in their division and then just seemed to fold and it all melted away. Soooooo disappointing. While still a Sox fan, I never quite recovered and of course the strike was another problem.

But I always will be a Sox fan so there you have it.

And a World Series in Chicago would be delicious indeed.

Next year, a subway series, White Sox vs the Cubs.

Now that would put the city into a Frenzy indeed!


Peter

Thanks Levois for coming back so regularly.

My most frequent commentor so far.

10/10/2005 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


New Peter Files Blog Selected Comedy Videos!


Day By Day - - Copyright 2007 by Chris Muir, All Rights Reserved
Don't miss this sale! Amazon.com takes 50% Off 100 Plus DVD's & Sets!


Using this search box supports this blog at no cost to you! Just start all your Amazon purchases with a search in this box!