Sphere: Related Content

Monday, March 28, 2005

Who's Hu's On First

Share

Quick RSS Subscription Links
Hope you had a great weekend. Got this in the mail from DZ this morning who I've known forever. Thanks DZ, hope everyone else down there is happy and warm.



It's been circulating the internet for at least to years but I love it and can't help posting it even though it is now a little out of date. It is based on the old Abbot and Costello Routine "Who's on First". Right click the link below and listen to the old time radio clip before scrolling down to read the parody, the original is much better.


http://www.whos-on-first.com


{scrolling}




{scrolling}




{scrolling}



{scrolling}



Who's On First for the Next Generation!


George: Condi! Nice to see you. What's happening?



Condi: Sir, I have the report here about the new leader of China.



George: Great. Lay it on me.



Condi: Hu is the new leader of China.



George: That's what I want to know.



Condi: That's what I'm telling you.



George: That's what I'm asking you. Who is the new leader of China?



Condi: Yes.



George: I mean the fellow's name.



Condi: Hu.



George: The guy in China.



Condi: Hu.



George: The new leader of China.



Condi: Hu.



George: The main man in China!



Condi: Hu is leading China.



George: Now whaddya' asking me for?



Condi: I'm telling you, Hu is leading China.



George: Well, I'm asking you. Who is leading China?



Condi: That's the man's name.



George: That's who's name?



Condi: Yes.



George: Will you, or will you not, tell me the name of the new leader of China?



Condi: Yes, sir.



George: Yassir? Yassir Arafat is in China? I thought he's dead in the Middle East.



Condi: That's correct.



George: Then who is in China?



Condi: Yes, sir.



George: Yassir is in China?



Condi: No, sir.



George: Then who is?




Condi: Yes, sir.




George: Yassir?



Condi: No, sir.



George: Look Condi. I need to know the name of the new leader of China. Get me the Secretary General of the U.N. on the phone.



Condi: Kofi?



George: No, thanks.



Condi: You want Kofi?



George: No.



Condi: You don't want Kofi.



George: No. But now that you mention it, I could use a glass of milk. And then get me the U.N.



Condi: Yes, sir.



George: Not Yassir! The guy at the U.N.



Condi: Kofi?



George: Milk! Will you please make the call?



Condi: And call who?



George: Who is the guy at the U.N?



Condi: Hu is the guy in China.



George: Will you stay out of China?!



Condi: Yes, sir.



George: And stay out of the Middle East! Just get me the guy at the U.N.



Condi: Kofi.



George: All right! With cream and two sugars. Now get on the phone!




Naturally, I like the original better. But the Yassir, No Sir, and Kaffir, Coffee sequences do show signs of comedy writing brilliance. Wish it 'twere mine. Check out the original Abbot and Costello website by clicking on the title of this page.




Peter

Labels:

===> We love comments about our posts good or bad!

Please make comments by clicking on the word "Comments"!

Click on the Envelope to forward posts to your friends! Thank you! The staff.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


New Peter Files Blog Selected Comedy Videos!


Day By Day - - Copyright 2007 by Chris Muir, All Rights Reserved
Don't miss this sale! Amazon.com takes 50% Off 100 Plus DVD's & Sets!


Using this search box supports this blog at no cost to you! Just start all your Amazon purchases with a search in this box!