Sphere: Related Content

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Diaries: Variations by Sex

Share

Quick RSS Subscription Links

HER DIARY


I asked him what was wrong - he said, 'Nothing.'

I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He
said it had nothing to do with me and not to worry.

On the way home, I told him that I loved him, but he
simply smiled and kept driving.

I can't explain his behavior; I don't know why he
didn't say, 'I love you too.'

When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him, as if
he wanted nothing to do with me anymore.

He just sat there and watched TV; he seemed distant
and absent.

Finally, I decided to go to bed. About 10 minutes
later he came to bed.

I decided that I could not take it anymore, so I
decided to confront him with the situation but he had fallen asleep.

I started crying and cried until I fell asleep.
I do not know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with
someone else.

My life is a disaster.






Scroll down....


















HIS DIARY
Today the Cubbies lost again. DAMM IT.............."






So, vote in the comments below. Is the above:



1- A sexist stereotype
2- An OK joke
3 - Not funny dammit!
4 - Funnier than Hell.
5- Funny but a little mystifying to downright incomprehensible.

Your answer probably depends a lot on where you live.

If you live on the North Side of Chicago the answer is almost certainly 3. South Siders

I on the other hand am a 5th generation South Sider and so I am still laughing.

Because of the Tribune companies vast television cable reach for so many years however, the number of 3's probably outnumber the 4's.

If you live outside the United states you are probably wondering, what the heck is a Cubbie? The Cubbies are the Chicago Cubs National League Baseball Team which under the curse of Billy Goat's Tavern's Goat has not won the World Series Championship in many decades. They do have a nice ballpark, their sole redeeming value that keeps the marks (suckers) coming in despite their terrible loss record.

They are also vastly inferior to Chicago White Sox, the Jewel of The American League and Chcago's baseball. As a South Sider I am a Sox fan. This is one of those few American entitlements that come with birth and can only be acquired if you move into Chicago from elsewhere. They have a much newer ball park which has yet to acquire the beauty and character of the Cubs Wrigley Field, but given a few decades and some ivy a lot can happen,

Interestingly, both fields are conected by CTA's Red Rapid Transit Line which is clean, safe, on time and much, much cheaper than parking near the ball parks. Since to ease the noise around neighbors, Wrigley Field has very few Night games it is possible sometimes to take in a double-header at Wrigley and a night game at Comiskey for a 3 game day. Not sure if there are any double, double header days. I would think they would avoid planning those, but you never know.

By the way, out of towners coming in for a ball came, conference or sports event, can save $25 - $50 and a half and hour of travel time or more by taking the Orange Line from Midway Airport or the Blue Line from O'Hare. Very useful for travelers to Chicago on per diems rather than expense accounts!

If you have two weeks notice of your trip you have ample time to order CTA fare media on line and all CTA maps and brochures are online, though you can order paper copies with your electronic fare cards which allow multiple people to travel together on the same card and offer bonuses for purchasing fares in $10 increments. Day passes are also available in multiple day denominations that don't start until the first use and define days by the clock rather than the calendar, useful in a city with 24 hour transit service.

Wow, and this started as just a joke. How the mind does wander after thinking about sex. LOL.


Peter
===> We love comments about our posts good or bad!

Please make comments by clicking on the word "Comments"!

Click on the Envelope to forward posts to your friends! Thank you! The staff.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


New Peter Files Blog Selected Comedy Videos!


Day By Day - - Copyright 2007 by Chris Muir, All Rights Reserved
Don't miss this sale! Amazon.com takes 50% Off 100 Plus DVD's & Sets!


Using this search box supports this blog at no cost to you! Just start all your Amazon purchases with a search in this box!