Sphere: Related Content

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Look, Up in the Sky, It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Google!

Share

Quick RSS Subscription Links




Mapmaker, Mapmaker,
Make me a map
Show me up close
In my old wrap

Mapmaker, Mapmaker
I want to be
Where everyone can see me

Where Papa can see if I'm Drinking
Where Mama can see if I'm with Boys
As for me, well I wouldn't care
If the boys they could find me anywhere!

Mapmaker, Mapmaker
Can you help me
I want to know
Is he cheating on me
Task me a sattelite oer lover's lane
And make me the perfect
Make me the perfect
Make me the perfect
Map!


(With apologies to everyone involved in the deep cultural heritage reflected in the play Fiddler on the roof, but the humor and satire nature of this blog is clearly noted somewhere around here. as are the rights reservation of these lyrics by me the parody author.)

Yahoo! News - Google Feature Incorporates Satellite Maps: "Google Feature Incorporates Satellite Maps

Mon Apr 4,10:53 PM ET


By MICHAEL LIEDTKE, AP Business Writer

SAN FRANCISCO - Online search engine leader Google has unveiled a new feature that will enable its users to zoom in on homes and businesses using satellite images, an advance that may raise privacy concerns as well as intensify the competitive pressures on its rivals."

The satellite technology, which Google began offering late Monday at http://maps.google.com, is part of the package that the Mountain View-based company acquired when it bought digital map maker Keyhole Corp. for an undisclosed amount nearly six months ago.


Well, at least the images are not current. Yet.

Peter

Labels:

===> We love comments about our posts good or bad!

Please make comments by clicking on the word "Comments"!

Click on the Envelope to forward posts to your friends! Thank you! The staff.


1 Comments:

Blogger The Peter Files Blog of Comedy said...

I think technically this would make me a lyricist, and that would be stretching the term about as far as it could go, yes, stretching it as far as it could go.

Thanks for the post.

4/15/2005 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


New Peter Files Blog Selected Comedy Videos!


Day By Day - - Copyright 2007 by Chris Muir, All Rights Reserved
Don't miss this sale! Amazon.com takes 50% Off 100 Plus DVD's & Sets!


Using this search box supports this blog at no cost to you! Just start all your Amazon purchases with a search in this box!